Let us guide you through the Facebook Subscription Messaging application process.
When Facebook release their Messenger Platform v2.3, you’ll need to get permission to send subscription messages at page-level rather than app-level. Bots that send subscription messages have to transition to this new system by 31st December 2018. You can get more details about this on the Facebook's page. Tobi previously did this at app-level.
What it basically means is that, instead of Tobi subscription messaging permissions being applied to all users, page owners must now request permission for their Facebook page.
From 1st January 2019, if you want to send Instant Messenger Campaigns with Tobi, you’ll need to have the Subscription Messaging permission for your connected Facebook page.
Here’s your step by step guide on how to apply for Facebook Subscription Messaging, so that you can keep using Tobi Instant Messenger Campaign feature. Please note that only page admins can apply for this.
1.Go to Your Facebook Page Settings:
2. Select Messenger Platform (left side menu):
3. Find the Advanced Messaging Settings section and click the Request button:
4. Applicants must submit this request form. Select News
5. Click in the Provide additional details section and type in the information and updates your chat bot provides, for example new products, discounts, blog updates etc.
6. Give a couple of examples of helpful news your bot will send:
7. Click to Accept the Messenger policies and Facebook community standards that you won’t send any promotional messages via subscription messaging.
Here is a list of a few examples.
Use them as inspiration but make sure you adapt them to your store and your brand. We recommend you send at least 3 examples.
- "Researchers find new way to power gadgets. Click here to read our review."
- "Want to become more productive? We’ve listed all the tips to help you make that change."
- "News Flash: EU GDPR regulation is effective from 25 May 2018. Learn more here."
- "Looking for the latest trends in winter coats? Our stylist shares her top picks.”
- "Christmas gifts that don’t break the bank? Click here for our guidebook to a thrifty holiday”
- "Winter blues? We’ve just published a guide on beating seasonal affective disorder."
9. After approval, this sign will appear next to the Subscription Messaging:
It’s easy to apply for Facebook Subscription Messaging. And it only takes a couple of minutes.
Approval time varies because the review process is done manually.
If you want to check the status of your application, you can do so from Facebook.
If your application is rejected, you can always appeal the decision.